Dirty, sticky, hard-to-clean tiles
There is nothing more frustrating than having a beautiful selection of tiles or stone installed in your home and discovering that the tiles are very difficult to keep clean.
Our expectation with a tiled floor is that it is beautiful, hard-wearing, long-lasting, and easy to keep clean. While different stone and tile types have different characteristics that can change how they need to maintained, there are a number of external factors that could be making your surface hard to keep clean.
- Grout haze on the surface of the tiles can attract surface dirt and discolour.
- The texture of a non-slip tile can grip dirt and grime in the surface and be very difficult to remove.
- The absorbency of the tile might take in moisture and staining and discolour.
- An incorrectly applied sealer or coating can give a patchy appearance and attract surface dirt and grime.
- Poor cleaning processes might be ineffective in removing general dirt and grime, or even helping create the problem – click here to visit our Tile Cleaning Advice section.
Whatever is causing your dirty tiles, Slique will be able to diagnose it and fix the problem, returning the surface to a pristine state that is able to be easily cleaned over time.